State of Innovation

Patents and Innovation Economics

Remember When Inventors Were Heroes?

This weekend (8/1/14 – 8/3/14) Pendulum of Justice  is on sale for $0.99.  The hero of this fast paced techno-thriller is Hank Rangar an inventor.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

With two high tech start-ups going gangbusters, former cyber warrior Hank Rangar has finally “made” it. His lab, “Made By Man,” has revolutionized cardiac procedures, potentially saving millions of lives and billions of dollars. But, the most important person in his life is very sick and his technology is suddenly stolen. Hank discovers two things: This lifesaving procedure may be the only way to save his sister AND Big Washington will stop at nothing to bury it.

Here is what people are saying about Pendulum of Justice:

“Pendulum of Justice reads like a book on anti-gravity: impossible to put down! My main complaint is how come the next book in the series isn’t out already.”

Peter Cresswell
Publisher of NotPC

“Convert this to a movie script and sell it to Hollywood. Excellent theme and plot.”

The Magnolia Blossom

WOW! I feel like I just watched a movie in my head.

Hines and Bigham’s Literary Tryst

Absolutely brilliant – that was my first thought after I finished reading this compelling novel.

Lit Amri for Readers’ Favorite

Advertisements

August 1, 2014 - Posted by | News | , ,

14 Comments »

1. Just one buck (minus 1 cent)?
    Sold!

Keep up the good fight.

Comment by step back | August 2, 2014 | Reply

• Thanks

Comment by dbhalling | August 2, 2014 | Reply

2. p.s. recent comments on your main website page are not showing

Comment by step back | August 2, 2014 | Reply

• From you? I checked my spam box and you were not in there.

Comment by dbhalling | August 2, 2014 | Reply

3. Let me rephrase that.
    When I am here, reading inside this specific post (hallingblog.com/remember-when-inventors-were-…), I see on the right side column of my browser view (FireFox 31), a whole bunch of content including “Recent Comments”, Recent Posts”, etc.

However, when I start at your home page (hallingblog.com) the right column is empty. Nothing there. No “Recent Comments”, Recent Posts”, etc.

🙂

Comment by step back | August 3, 2014 | Reply

4. Correction.

Now after looking much harder, I see that they are there

But pushed all the way down to the very bottom below all the displayed recent posts. Not parallel to them.

I hadn’t before bothered to scroll all the way down

🙂

Comment by step back | August 3, 2014 | Reply

5. I am not in love with the layout, but working on that is not the highest priority.

Comment by dbhalling | August 3, 2014 | Reply

6. Half way through your book and the plot line finally takes hold.

Being punked by the top bureaucrats at PTO is one thing.
    But how about the real life story of being punked by a CAFC panel after having gone through trial and having been vindicated by a district judge and jury:
    I/P Engine v. AOL

Comment by step back | August 15, 2014 | Reply

7. More disaster from Alice. I should probably write about it. 101 should be a question of the specification. But more importantly, a computer implemented invention is clearly an invention. An invention is a human creation with an objective result (which has a use).

Comment by dbhalling | August 15, 2014 | Reply

8. Step, the Johns or Jons did much more damage to inventors than the Supremes (CAFC) when I wrote my non-fiction and therefore my fiction follows this.

Comment by dbhalling | August 15, 2014 | Reply

9. Dale,

Our Disintegrating Uber-Corporate States of America (DUcSA) have evolved beyond mere corporate takeover /capture of our governmental institutions (e.g. SEC, FDA, … and even USPTO).

Ours is now a state of total belief in magic, in utterance of double speak verbiage like “In-no-vay-(Jose)-shin” and hocus pocus advise from the 9 black robed sorcerer apprentici of SCrOTUS to the effect of “just do it (on a generic / geriatric computer)”

We just don’t realize how low we no longer have to go –because we’re already there.
    Can anyone here say ‘quantitative easing’?
    How about, ‘Planet of the Second Stone Age’?
    It ain’t that far away anymore.
    Neanderthals be us D’Oh. 😦

Comment by step back | August 16, 2014 | Reply

10. People take progress for granted, but it has only been in the last 200 years or so that people could expect to be wealthier than their parents, grandparents, great grand parents etc

And technology can not only stagnate, see USSR, but it can be lost. We lost how to make cement for centuries.

We are actually the USSA (United Socialist States of America). You know that the nazis were the National Socialist party and we look very similar to them with large corporations that are nominally privately, but really complete controlled by the government.

Comment by dbhalling | August 16, 2014 | Reply

11. Here’s your real life Hank Ragan:

Comment by step back | August 24, 2014 | Reply

• Very interesting. I had a speaker client at one time and talked to him about flat speakers. One of the problems is the edge effects (boundary effects) which cause distortion and unwanted harmonics.

Comment by dbhalling | August 24, 2014 | Reply