This videoby Alexander Poltorak takes on a number of the myths associated with patent trolls. The video explains the hypocrisy of large companies complaining about “Patent Trolls.” It also makes an interesting point that patents are not a tax on innovation but a tax on copiers (non-innovators). While I do not agree with all the points in the video, it makes a valuable contribution to the discussion about the value of patents.
- Avik Roy’s Excellent Analysis of Drug Patent Settlements
- Equitable Estoppel: Another Excuse for Stealing Inventions
- BILSKI: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Q. Todd Dickinson: Patent Reform
- Copyrights: Another Example that Government is not doing its Job
- Non-Obviousness: A Case Study in Judicial Activism
- Confusing the Property Right with the Implementation of the Property Right
- Corporations Have the Rights of a Person?
- Patent Ignorance
- Patent Bill We Can Support
- More Evidence Sarbox is Hurting Our Economy
- Judge Michel – Economy Recovery Requires Strong Patent System