Gary Locke, the U.S. Commerce Secretary, in an article in Journal Sentinel stated that the time it takes to issue patents is unacceptable. The article also points out the problem of patent office policy forcing examiners to reject applications at unprecedented rate. Secretary Locke also acknowledged that these problems have hurt the American economy. This is great news for inventors.
The only potentially bad news in the article is the statement that the patent office faces severe financial problems. This may mean higher fees in the future. Please read the full article at http://www.jsonline.com/business/54199852.html
No comments yet.
Leave a Comment
- Patent Reform: “First Inventor to File” Misleading
- Conservative Groups: Patent Reform Bill a Disaster for US
- Fundamentals of Economic Science: An Objectivist Approach
- Science or Religion: Environmental Doomsday Theories
- Déjà vu All Over Again: Undoing the Reagan Revolution
- Patent Deform Act of 2011: Approved by Senate Committee
- Reagan’s 100th Birthday
- Unemployment: The Big Lie
- Patent Ombudsman Program: A First Review
- More Evidence on the Damage Caused by SOX
- Obama:Crony Capitalism Will Create Jobs
- Larry Kudlow: Chinese Economy Relies of Stealing US Intellectual Property