UN to Spend Trillions Trying to Create a Perpetual Motion Machine
Last Updated on Sunday, 22 April 2012 09:42
Written by dbhalling
Sunday, 22 April 2012 09:42
Perhaps the UN didn’t get the message, however you would expect with all those brilliant climate scientists they would have – you can’t build a perpetual motion machine. According to Fox News the UN has put out a report on how it is going to create a “sustainable” economy by spending trillions of your dollars. A sustainable economy is one in which resources are infinitely reusable and there is no adverse byproducts. It appears that the brilliant or perhaps mad scientists at the UN didn’t take thermodynamics, or they missed the lecture on entropy. Entropy explains why you cannot build a perpetual motion machine. It explains that every process results at least in waste heat, which means any process that uses energy cannot be 100% efficient and the economy uses energy. For more information see Sustainability isn’t Sustainable. The UN should quit tilting at windmills and perhaps the US should quit sustaining the UN.
PS: The UN also did not seem to get the memo from Japan’s Space program that Industrialized countries are net carbon sequesters. The Third World owes us carbon reparations.
- Interesting Academic Study on Value of Patents to Startups
- CLS Reply Brief: Alice v. CLS Bank Supreme Court
- Win a FREE Copy of Pendulum of Justice
- Are Patents too Vague?
- Halling asked to Speak at Atlas Summit 2014
- Book Review: The Nature of Technology
- Business Method Patents: A Solution?
- Philosophy of Science
- Guest Post: Stop the Destruction of Independent Invention
- DK Halling Interview with Fran Lewis