The High Cost of Invention Theft: Why Channel 1 on TV Does Not Exist
Last Updated on Friday, 23 November 2012 09:07
Written by dbhalling
Friday, 23 November 2012 09:07
Edwin Armstrong is the inventor of FM, the Regeneration receiver, Super Regeneration, Superheterodyne, and many others. This creative genius’ life was wasted fighting RCA who blatantly stole his patents for FM and the FCC arbitrarily moved the FM radio range from 44-50 MHz to 88-108 MHz, where it is today, just to destroy the network of radio stations Armstrong had built up. Channel 1 on you TV would be at 44-50MHz and this is why it does not exist. The failure of our government to protect property rights and the arbitrary power given the FCC, kept all of us from enjoying FM radio decades earlier, arbitrarily destroyed the investment of hundreds of people, and diverted Armstong from inventing, which probably deprived us of other great inventions. Mr. Armstong’s life encapsulates everything that is wrong with the United States today.
Here is a great article on Amrstrong http://www.k3dav.com/edwinhowardarmstrong.htm.
Of course the anti-patent crowd does not believe in genius, at least in the technical arts. Economist argue against that someone would of come up with these inventions because of market demand. First of all there is no “market demand” for something that does not exist. Second, all macroeconomic evidence shows that in the absence of property rights for inventions, technological change is glacially slow and mankind falls back into the Malthusian Trap.
- step back on Does the Myriad Decision Constitute a 5th Amendment Taking?
- Carlos Barrera on The Myth of the Sole Inventor: A Socialist Diatribe by Professor Mark A Lemley
- dbhalling on Supreme Court’s Myriad Decision a Mixed Bag
- dbhalling on Basics of Heat Transfer: Understanding the Physics of Global Warming
- step back on Supreme Court’s Myriad Decision a Mixed Bag
- Does the Myriad Decision Constitute a 5th Amendment Taking?
- Supreme Court’s Myriad Decision a Mixed Bag
- Nation of Laws?
- Patent Trolls vs. Legal Trolls
- Is 35 USC 101 Judged by the Claims?: CLS Bank v. Alice Corp CAFC en banc decision: Nation of Men
- CAFC Makeup: May 16, 2013
- New Zealand to Outlaw Patent on Software
- Hayek vs. Rand: Patents and Capitalism
- WHY THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING CONSENSUS: Guest Post
- Earth Day: Environmentalists are Evil