The High Cost of Invention Theft: Why Channel 1 on TV Does Not Exist
Last Updated on Friday, 23 November 2012 09:07
Written by dbhalling
Friday, 23 November 2012 09:07
Edwin Armstrong is the inventor of FM, the Regeneration receiver, Super Regeneration, Superheterodyne, and many others. This creative genius’ life was wasted fighting RCA who blatantly stole his patents for FM and the FCC arbitrarily moved the FM radio range from 44-50 MHz to 88-108 MHz, where it is today, just to destroy the network of radio stations Armstrong had built up. Channel 1 on you TV would be at 44-50MHz and this is why it does not exist. The failure of our government to protect property rights and the arbitrary power given the FCC, kept all of us from enjoying FM radio decades earlier, arbitrarily destroyed the investment of hundreds of people, and diverted Armstong from inventing, which probably deprived us of other great inventions. Mr. Armstong’s life encapsulates everything that is wrong with the United States today.
Here is a great article on Amrstrong http://www.k3dav.com/edwinhowardarmstrong.htm.
Of course the anti-patent crowd does not believe in genius, at least in the technical arts. Economist argue against that someone would of come up with these inventions because of market demand. First of all there is no “market demand” for something that does not exist. Second, all macroeconomic evidence shows that in the absence of property rights for inventions, technological change is glacially slow and mankind falls back into the Malthusian Trap.
- Excellent Article by Adam Mossoff: Do IP Rights Promote Economic growth
- Interesting Infographic – Computer Science Zone
- A Government Conspiracy to Undermine the Constitution
- Remember When Inventors Were Heroes?
- Fallout from Alice: Digitech Image v. Electronics for Imaging
- Charles Brush and Ice Dynamos
- A Defense of American Ideals: Book Review
- Supreme Court Alice v. CLS Decision
- $120 Per Smartphone in Royalties – Outrageous!
- Patent Deform Dies