Sale Price of Patents
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 04:11
Written by dbhalling
Wednesday, 13 February 2013 04:08
According to IP Offerings the median value of patents sold in 2012 was $221,000 and the average price of patents sold in 2012 was $373,573. The full report lists transactions by date, buyer, seller, and technology area. The report appears to cover 6985 patents. The most valuable patents appeared to be in the WiFi space and then the wireless handset space. It seems unlikely that this report could be comprehensive, since so many of these deals include a non-disclosure clause.
- Interesting Academic Study on Value of Patents to Startups
- CLS Reply Brief: Alice v. CLS Bank Supreme Court
- Win a FREE Copy of Pendulum of Justice
- Are Patents too Vague?
- Halling asked to Speak at Atlas Summit 2014
- Book Review: The Nature of Technology
- Business Method Patents: A Solution?
- Philosophy of Science
- Guest Post: Stop the Destruction of Independent Invention
- DK Halling Interview with Fran Lewis