Sale Price of Patents
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 04:11
Written by dbhalling
Wednesday, 13 February 2013 04:08
According to IP Offerings the median value of patents sold in 2012 was $221,000 and the average price of patents sold in 2012 was $373,573. The full report lists transactions by date, buyer, seller, and technology area. The report appears to cover 6985 patents. The most valuable patents appeared to be in the WiFi space and then the wireless handset space. It seems unlikely that this report could be comprehensive, since so many of these deals include a non-disclosure clause.
- Inventing to Nowhere: The Movie
- Self-Ownership: A Conservative Conspiracy?
- USPTO’s Secret Program to Deny Politically Inconvenient Patents
- Yale Law Professor’s Attack on Patents: A Comedy, Farce and Tragedy All Rolled into One
- Competition is for Losers
- Philosophy of Science
- Farewell to Reality: Book Review
- CATO on Software Patents
- Hurricane Odile and Inventions