Sale Price of Patents
According to IP Offerings the median value of patents sold in 2012 was $221,000 and the average price of patents sold in 2012 was $373,573. The full report lists transactions by date, buyer, seller, and technology area. The report appears to cover 6985 patents. The most valuable patents appeared to be in the WiFi space and then the wireless handset space. It seems unlikely that this report could be comprehensive, since so many of these deals include a non-disclosure clause.
3 Comments »
- Source of Economic Growth: The talk and the Book
- Gene Quinn Destroys ‘The Economist’ on Patents
- The Two Most Important People to the US Presidential Election are not in the Race
- I’m Back!
- Another 5-Star Review for Trails of Injustice Review
- Hayek: Friend or Foe of Reason, Liberty and Capitalism?
- The Austrian Business Cycle Debunked
- The Irrational Foundations of Austrian Economics
- Dale B. Halling Invited to Debate at Freedom Fest
- Inventing to Nowhere: The Movie
- Self-Ownership: A Conservative Conspiracy?