The High Cost of Invention Theft: Why Channel 1 on TV Does Not Exist
Edwin Armstrong is the inventor of FM, the Regeneration receiver, Super Regeneration, Superheterodyne, and many others. This creative genius’ life was wasted fighting RCA who blatantly stole his patents for FM and the FCC arbitrarily moved the FM radio range from 44-50 MHz to 88-108 MHz, where it is today, just to destroy the network of radio stations Armstrong had built up. Channel 1 on you TV would be at 44-50MHz and this is why it does not exist. The failure of our government to protect property rights and the arbitrary power given the FCC, kept all of us from enjoying FM radio decades earlier, arbitrarily destroyed the investment of hundreds of people, and diverted Armstong from inventing, which probably deprived us of other great inventions. Mr. Armstong’s life encapsulates everything that is wrong with the United States today.
Here is a great article on Amrstrong http://www.k3dav.com/edwinhowardarmstrong.htm.
Of course the anti-patent crowd does not believe in genius, at least in the technical arts. Economist argue against that someone would of come up with these inventions because of market demand. First of all there is no “market demand” for something that does not exist. Second, all macroeconomic evidence shows that in the absence of property rights for inventions, technological change is glacially slow and mankind falls back into the Malthusian Trap.
30 Comments »
- Dale Halling and William R Thomas – Austrian Economics and Objectivism Panel: Atlas Summit 2016
- Dale Halling – Economics, Evolution, and Rand’s Meta-Ethics: Atlas Summit 2016
- Aristotle and Rand vs Hume: Causation and Induction
- Intellectual Capitalism: Fundamentals Part 1
- Adam Mossoff on Property Rights: A Must Read for Capitalists and Patent Attorneys
- Is Capitalism a game of the Survival of the Fittest?
- Libertarians vs Classical Liberals on Patents and Inventors
- Source of Economic Growth Reviews
- Carl Menger: Principles of Economics
- Pendulum of Justice (1st Hank Rangar Thriller) on Sale 99¢
- Economics and Evolution: How We Think and Grow Rich
- Intellectual Capitalism: Philosophy
- Business Models
- Featured Videos
- Intellectual Capitalism
- Press Release
- Regulatory bill of Rights
- sarbanes oxley
- Sarbanes Oxley