UN to Spend Trillions Trying to Create a Perpetual Motion Machine
Perhaps the UN didn’t get the message, however you would expect with all those brilliant climate scientists they would have – you can’t build a perpetual motion machine. According to Fox News the UN has put out a report on how it is going to create a “sustainable” economy by spending trillions of your dollars. A sustainable economy is one in which resources are infinitely reusable and there is no adverse byproducts. It appears that the brilliant or perhaps mad scientists at the UN didn’t take thermodynamics, or they missed the lecture on entropy. Entropy explains why you cannot build a perpetual motion machine. It explains that every process results at least in waste heat, which means any process that uses energy cannot be 100% efficient and the economy uses energy. For more information see Sustainability isn’t Sustainable. The UN should quit tilting at windmills and perhaps the US should quit sustaining the UN.
PS: The UN also did not seem to get the memo from Japan’s Space program that Industrialized countries are net carbon sequesters. The Third World owes us carbon reparations.
4 Comments »
- Gene Quinn Destroys ‘The Economist’ on Patents
- The Two Most Important People to the US Presidential Election are not in the Race
- I’m Back!
- Another 5-Star Review for Trails of Injustice Review
- Hayek: Friend or Foe of Reason, Liberty and Capitalism?
- The Austrian Business Cycle Debunked
- The Irrational Foundations of Austrian Economics
- Dale B. Halling Invited to Debate at Freedom Fest
- Inventing to Nowhere: The Movie
- Self-Ownership: A Conservative Conspiracy?
- USPTO’s Secret Program to Deny Politically Inconvenient Patents