Obama’s Fundamental Change Means – US is No Longer the LAND OF THE FREE
The Heritage Foundation has just released its Index of Economic Freedom. The US has fallen to 10th place in the rankings. It appears the President Obama’s idea of fundamentally remaking the US is to no longer have the US the LAND OF THE FREE.
Fixing our economy and our unemployment problem is a straight forward case of increasing our ranking of economic freedom. The Heritage Foundation put out an excellent video explaining the results of a declining level of economic freedom.
The passage of the America Invents Act is part and parcel of losing our economic freedom. It had a number of special provisions for Wall Street and big Pharmaceutical companies. It weakened the rights of startups and individuals in their inventions. This has made it more difficult for inventors and startups to raise capital. Technology startups are the driving force behind new jobs and high quality jobs.
No comments yet.
- Can Patents be a True Property Right When They Expire?
- The Flawed Private Property Argument Against Immigration
- Response to The Economist on Patents
- Capital in Disequilibrium: The Austrians’ Answer to New Growth Theory
- Praxeology: An Intellectual Train Wreck
- Source of Economic Growth: The talk and the Book
- Gene Quinn Destroys ‘The Economist’ on Patents
- The Two Most Important People to the US Presidential Election are not in the Race
- I’m Back!
- Another 5-Star Review for Trails of Injustice Review
- Hayek: Friend or Foe of Reason, Liberty and Capitalism?
- The Austrian Business Cycle Debunked