America Invents Act Will Not End Fee Diversion – Paul Ryan Thinks Stealing From Inventors is A-OK
According to the Wall Street Journal, “two powerful House Republicans, Rep. Hal Rogers (R., Ky.), chairman of the Appropriations Committee, and Rep. Paul Ryan (R., Wis.), chairman of the Budget Committee, called this week for changes in the legislation that would restrict the patent office’s ability to keep its own fees.” Ending fee diversion was the only positive part of the America Invents (Not) Act, HR 1249, S. 23). Representatives Rogers and Ryan should be condemned for this action. Congress is in the position of trustee of the Patent Office funds and if Congress were subject to Sarbanes Oxley Mr. Ryan & Mr. Rogers would be in jail today along with the rest of Congress. This makes the America Invents Act a complete farce. Ending fee diversion was always a little bit is not red herring as the next Congress could always just change this law.
When the government creates laws that do not apply to the government, just private citizens, this is the essences of tyranny. Rep. Ryan who is suppose to be a fiscal conservative and watching out for taxpayer dollars, is advocating the theft of inventor fees. If that is what the Tea Party and Paul Ryan consider being fiscally conservative, then it is clear that everyone in Washington believes that you have no right to the money you earn.
2 Comments »
- Aristotle and Rand vs Hume: Causation and Induction
- Intellectual Capitalism: Fundamentals Part 1
- Adam Mossoff on Property Rights: A Must Read for Capitalists and Patent Attorneys
- Is Capitalism a game of the Survival of the Fittest?
- Libertarians vs Classical Liberals on Patents and Inventors
- Source of Economic Growth Reviews
- Carl Menger: Principles of Economics
- Pendulum of Justice (1st Hank Rangar Thriller) on Sale 99¢
- Economics and Evolution: How We Think and Grow Rich
- Intellectual Capitalism: Philosophy
- Can Patents be a True Property Right When They Expire?
- The Flawed Private Property Argument Against Immigration
- Business Models
- Featured Videos
- Intellectual Capitalism
- Press Release
- Regulatory bill of Rights
- sarbanes oxley
- Sarbanes Oxley