The Ballad of the Patent Troll
This videoby Alexander Poltorak takes on a number of the myths associated with patent trolls. The video explains the hypocrisy of large companies complaining about “Patent Trolls.” It also makes an interesting point that patents are not a tax on innovation but a tax on copiers (non-innovators). While I do not agree with all the points in the video, it makes a valuable contribution to the discussion about the value of patents.
8 Comments »
- Gene Quinn Destroys ‘The Economist’ on Patents
- The Two Most Important People to the US Presidential Election are not in the Race
- I’m Back!
- Another 5-Star Review for Trails of Injustice Review
- Hayek: Friend or Foe of Reason, Liberty and Capitalism?
- The Austrian Business Cycle Debunked
- The Irrational Foundations of Austrian Economics
- Dale B. Halling Invited to Debate at Freedom Fest
- Inventing to Nowhere: The Movie
- Self-Ownership: A Conservative Conspiracy?
- USPTO’s Secret Program to Deny Politically Inconvenient Patents