The Ballad of the Patent Troll
This videoby Alexander Poltorak takes on a number of the myths associated with patent trolls. The video explains the hypocrisy of large companies complaining about “Patent Trolls.” It also makes an interesting point that patents are not a tax on innovation but a tax on copiers (non-innovators). While I do not agree with all the points in the video, it makes a valuable contribution to the discussion about the value of patents.
8 Comments »
- Can Patents be a True Property Right When They Expire?
- The Flawed Private Property Argument Against Immigration
- Response to The Economist on Patents
- Capital in Disequilibrium: The Austrians’ Answer to New Growth Theory
- Praxeology: An Intellectual Train Wreck
- Source of Economic Growth: The talk and the Book
- Gene Quinn Destroys ‘The Economist’ on Patents
- The Two Most Important People to the US Presidential Election are not in the Race
- I’m Back!
- Another 5-Star Review for Trails of Injustice Review
- Hayek: Friend or Foe of Reason, Liberty and Capitalism?
- The Austrian Business Cycle Debunked